Matt. 28 – Go ye, therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them.
Optional: 71. Q. Where has Christ assured us that we are washed with his blood and Spirit as certainly as we are washed with the water of baptism?
A. Where the Scripture calls baptism the washing of regeneration and the washing away of sins, Tit. 3:5; Acts 22:16.
70. Q. What is it to be washed with the blood and Spirit of Christ?
A. To receive from God remission of sins from God for the sake of Christ’s blood, and to be renewed by the Holy Spirit.
Numbers 24:17a I shall see Him but now now; I shall behold Him, but not nigh. There shall come a Star out of Jacob and a Scepter shall rise out of Israel.
1. Q. Whence do we know that there is a God?
A. From nature, and from the Holy Scripture.
2. Q. Of how many kinds is the knowledge of God from nature?
A. Of two kinds: (1) an internal, or innate (2) an external or acquired knowledge.
3. Q. What is the internal or innate knowledge?
A. That which is inborn in the hearts of all men by nature, Rom. 1:19. Because that which may be known of God, is manifest in them.
5. Q. What is the external, or acquired knowledge?
A. That which is derived from the visible creation, Ps. 19:1. The heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament showeth his handy work.
7. Q. Is the knowledge from nature sufficient to salvation?
9. Q. Is the knowledge of Christ absolutely necessary to salvation?
A. Yes, John 17:3, And this is life eternal that they might know thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent.
10. Q. Whence do we obtain this saving knowledge?
A. From the Holy Scriptures. 2 Peter 1:19.