1. The steps of those whom He approves
Are ordered by the Lord;
And though they fall, held by His hand,
They yet shall be restored.
2. I have no seen, tho’ since my youth
Full many years have fled,
The saint forsaken, nor beheld
His children begging bread.
3. The children of the merciful
Find blessing kept in store;
Depart from evil and do good,
And live for ever more.
4. Wait on the Lord and keep His way,
And then, by Him approved.
Thy heritage shall still remain
When sinners are removed.
5. Mark well the perfect upright man,
As still his years increase;
Behold his life, and thou shalt see
His journey end in peace.