1. Jehovah, my God, on Thy help I depend;
From all that pursue me O save and defend;
Lest they like a lion should rend me at will,
While no one is near me their raging to still.
2. When wronged without cause I have kindness returned;
But if I my neighbor maltreated and spurned,
My soul let the enemy seize for his prey,
My life and my honor in dust let him lay.
3. O Lord, in Thy wrath stay the rage of my foes;
Awake, and Thy judgment ordained interpose.
Let peoples surround Thee and wait at Thy feet,
While o’er them for judgment Thou takest Thy seat.
4. All nations of men shall be judged by the Lord;
To me, O Jehovah, just judgment accord,
As faithful and righteous in life I have been,
And ever integrity cherished within.
5. Establish the righteous, let evil depart,
For God Who is just tries the thoughts of the heart.
In God for defense I have placed all my trust;
The upright He saves and He judges the just.
6. The Lord with the wicked is wroth every day,
And if they repent not is ready to slay;
By manifold ruin for others prepared
They surely at last shall themselves be ensnared.
7. Because He is righteous His praise I will sing,
Thanksgiving and honor to Him I will bring,
Will sing to the Lord on Whose grace I rely,
Extolling the Name of Jehovah Most High.