1. O God, the God that saveth me,
Remove my guilty stains,
And I will sing Thy righteousness
In grateful, joyous strains.
2. O Lord, now open Thou my lips,
Long closed by sin and shame;
My mouth shall show before the world
The glory of Thy Name.
3. No sacrifice dost Thou desire,
Else would I give it Thee;
Nor with appointed offerings
Wilt Thou delighted be.
4. A broken spirit is to God
A pleasing sacrifice;
A broken and a contrite heart
Thou, Lord, wilt not despise.
5. Do good to Zion in Thy grace,
Her ruined walls restore;
Then sacrifice of righteousness
Shall please Thee as of yore.
6. Thy people then with willing hands
And hearts that Thou hast blessed
Shall bring in thankful sacrifice
Their choicest gifts and best.