1. Wholehearted thanksgiving to Thee I will bring,
In praise of Thy marvelous deeds I will sing,
In Thee I will joy and exultingly cry,
Thy Name I will praise, O Jehovah Most High.
2. My enemies turn and are scattered in fear,
They stumble and perish because Thou art near;
For Thou hast defended my right and my cause,
Thou sittest in judgment, upholding Thy laws.
3. Rebuked are the nations, the wicked destroyed,
Their memory perished, their dwelling-place void;
Enthroned and eternal, Jehovah shall reign,
The peoples to judge and the right to maintain.
4. Thou, Lord, art a refuge for all the oppressed;
All trust Thee who know Thee, and trusting are blest;
For never, O Lord, did Thy mercy forsake
The soul that has sought of Thy grace to partake.
5. Give praise to Jehovah, the mighty deeds tell
Of Him Who has chosen in Zion to dwell,
Of Him to Whom justice and vengeance belong,
Who visits the lowly and overthrows wrong.
6. Behold my affliction, The mercy accord,
And back from death’s portals restore me, O Lord,
That I in the gates of Thy Zion may raise
My song of salvation and show forth Thy praise.
7. The sins of the nations their ruin have wrought,
Their own evildoing destruction has brought;
In this the Lord’s justice eternally stands,
That sinners are snared in the word of their hands.
8. The wicked shall perish, the nations shall fall,
Forgetting their God, Who is God over all;
But God will remember the prayer of the weak,
Most surely fulfilling the hope of the meek.
9. Arise in Thy justice, O Lord, and Thy might,
No longer let sinners prevail in Thy sight;
Great Judge of the nations, in judgment appear
To humble the proud and to teach them Thy fear.