1. O Zion `tis thy God’s command
That thou in strength securely stand;
O God, confirm and strengthen still,
Thy purposes in us fulfill.
2. O Thou, Whose glorious temple stands
In Zion, famed through heathen lands,
Kings shall Thy pow’r and glory see,
And bring their presents unto Thee.
3. Thou wilt rebuke the fierce and strong
Who hate the right and choose the wrong,
And scatter those who peace abhor,
The nations that delight in war.
4. The heathen princes yet shall flee
From idols and return to Thee;
Earth’s sinful and benighted lands
To God shall soon stretch out their hands.
5. Praise God and sing His matchless worth,
Ye kings and kingdoms of the earth;
He dwells within the heav’nly height,
And utters forth His voice of might.
6. Ascribe ye strength to God on high,
His might transcendent fills the sky;
His glory and omnipotence
Remain His people’s sure defense.
7. Forth from Thy dwelling place, O God,
Thy awful glory shines abroad;
Thy people’s strength is all from Thee;
Blest be Thy Name eternally.