1. O gracious God, forsake me not
When I am old and gray,
That unto those that follow me
I may Thy might display.
2. Thy perfect righteousness, O God,
The height of heav’n exceeds;
O who is like to Thee, Who hast
Performed such mighty deeds?
3. Thou Who hast sent me many griefs
Will yet my soul restore,
And out of sorrow’s lowest depths
Wilt bring me forth once more.
4. O turn again and comfort me,
My waning strength increase,
And for Thy faithfulness, O God,
My praise shall never cease.
5. Thou Holy One of Israel,
To Thee sweet songs I raise;
The soul Thou hast redeemed from death
Shall give Thee joyful praise.
6. My enemies that seek my hurt
Thy help has put to shame;
My thankful tongue will ceaselessly
Thy righteousness proclaim.