1. O God, to Thy Anointed King
Give truth and righteousness;
Thy people He will justly judge
And give the poor redress.
2. Then ev’ry fruitful mountain side
Shall yield its rich increase,
And righteousness in all the land
Shall bear the fruit of peace.
3. The poor man’s cause He will maintain,
The needy He will bless,
And He will break the strength of those
Who would the poor oppress.
4. So men shall fear Thee while the sun
In daily splendor glows,
And through all ages, while the moon
On earth its light bestows.
5. Like rain upon the new mown grass,
That falls refreshingly,
Like gentle show’rs that cheer the earth,
So shall His coming be.
6. The righteous in His glorious day
Shall flourish and increase;
The earth, until the moon shall fade,
Shall have abundant peace.