1. O come, my people, to my law
Attentively give ear;
With willing heart and teachable
The words of wisdom hear.
2. My mouth shall speak in parables
Of hidden truths of old,
Which, handed down from age to age,
To us our fathers told.
3. We will not from their children hide
Jehovah’s worthy praise,
But tell the greatness of His strength,
His wondrous works and ways.
4. A testimony and a law
The Lord our God decreed,
And bade our fathers teach their sons,
That they His ways might heed.
5. He willed that each succeeding race
His deeds might learn and know,
That children’s children to their sons
Might all these wonders show.
6. Let children learn God’s righteous ways
And on Him stay their heart,
That they may not forget His works
Nor from His ways depart.