1. O God preserve me, for in Thee
Alone my trust hath stood;
My soul hath said, Thou art my Lord,
My chief and only good.
2. I love Thy saints, who fear Thy name
And walk as in Thy sight;
They are the excellent of earth,
In them is my delight.
3. Their sorrows shall be multiplied
Who worship aught but Thee;
I share not in their offerings,
Nor join their company.
4. The Lord is my inheritance,
The Lord alone remains
The fullness of my cup of bliss;
The Lord my lot maintains.
5. The lines are fallen unto me
In places large and fair;
A goodly heritage is mine,
Marked out with gracious care.