1. O come, my soul, bless thou the Lord thy Maker,
And all within me bless His holy Name;
Bless thou the Lord, forget not all His mercies,
His pard’ning grace and saving love proclaim.
2. Good is the Lord and full of kind compassion,
Most slow to anger, plenteous in love;
Rich is His grace to all that humbly seek Him,
Boundless and endless as the heav’ns above.
3. His love is like a father’s to his children,
Tender and kind to all who fear His Name,
For well He knows our weakness and our frailty,
He knows that we are dust, He knows our frame.
4. We fade and die like flow’rs that grow in beauty,
Like tender grass that soon will disappear;
But evermore the love of God is changeless,
Still shown to those who look to Him in fear.
5. High in the heav’ns His throne is fixed forever,
His kingdom rules o’er all from pole to pole;
Bless ye the Lord through all His wide dominion,
Bless His most holy Name, O thou my soul.
Bless Him, ye angels, wondrous in might,
Bless Him, His servants that in His will delight.