1. Praise ye the Lord, for His is good;
Give thanks and bless His Name;
His loving-kindness changes not,
From age to age the same.
2. What tongue can tell His mighty deeds,
His wondrous works and ways?
O who can show His glory forth,
Or utter all His praise?
3. The Lord will bless and prosper those,
Yea, blest indeed are they,
Whose ways are just, who constantly
His righteous law obey.
4. O Lord, remember me in grace,
Let me salvation see;
The grace Thou showest to Thy saints,
That grace reveal to me.
5. Let me behold Thy people’s good
And in their joy rejoice;
With Thy triumphant heritage
Let me lift up my voice.
6. In evil we have gone astray,
And sinful is our race;
Rebelliously our fathers walked,
Forgetful of Thy grace.
7. Though they rebelled, yet for their help
In saving strength He came
To make His power almighty known
And glorify His Name.
8. He brought them safely through the sea
And overwhelmed their foes;
Their faith was stirred, and for the time
Their songs of praise arose.
9. Forgetful soon, they tempted God,
Nor for His counsel cared;
He sent them leanness in their souls,
Whilst they earth’s bounties shared.
10. With envy they regarded those
Whom God to them had sent;
The opening earth, the kindling flame,
Brought awful punishment.
11. A golden image they adored,
And worshipped at its shrine;
Thus they despised the living God
And scorned His love divine.