1. I love the Lord Who heard my cry
And granted my request;
In Him Who hears and answers prayer
My trust through life shall rest.
2. With deadly sorrows compassed round,
My heart was full of grief;
Then to the Lord I made my prayer
That He would send relief.
3. The Lord is just and merciful,
And gracious to the meek;
He saved me when I cried to Him,
Though I was poor and weak.
4. Return unto thy rest, my soul,
No longer troubled be;
The Lord sustains thee, and has dealt
Most graciously with thee.
5. Before my Saviour I will live,
From death He saved my soul,
My eyes from tears, my feet from falls,
And He has made me whole.
6. In my affliction this I found,
That human help deceived,
But ever faithful was the Lord
In Whom my soul believed.