1. With joy and gladness in my soul
I hear the call to prayer;
Let us go up to God’s own house
And bow before Him there.
2. We stand within thy sacred walls,
O Zion, blest for aye,
Where-in the people of the Lord
United homage pay.
3. They come to learn Jehovah’s will,
His mighty deeds to own,
For there is judgment’s royal seat,
Messiah’s kingly throne.
4. O pray that Zion may be blest
And have abundant peace,
For all that love thee in their hearts
Shall prosper and increase.
5. I pray the Lord that peace may still
Within thy walls abound,
And ever in thy palaces
Prosperity be found.
6. Yea, for the sake of friends and kin,
My heart desires thy peace,
And for the house of God the Lord
My care shall never cease.