1. Like Zion’s steadfast mount are they
Who in the Lord confide;
Secure, immovable they stand,
Forever to abide.
2. As round about Jerusalem
The mountains give defense,
Jehovah is His people’s guard,
Their lasting confidence.
3. No tyrant’s scepter o’er the good
Shall undisturbed abide,
Lest righteous men, oppressed by wrong,
To evil turn aside.
4. O thou Jehovah, to the good
Thy goodness now impart,
Thy loving kindness show to them
That upright are in heart.
5. All those that turn from righteousness
With wayward, wandering feet,
With sinners God will lead them forth,
The sinner’s doom to meet.
6. O Thou Who art Thy people’s shield,
Their helper and their guide,
Upon them let Thy grace and peace
For evermore abide.