1. Lord, Thou hast searched me, and dost know
Wher’e’er I rest, wher’e’er I go;
Thou knowest all that I have planned,
And all my ways are in Thy hand.
2. My words from Thee I cannot hide,
I feel Thy pow’r on every side;
O wondrous knowledge, awful might,
Unfathomed depth, unmeasured height!
3. Where can I go apart from Thee,
Or whither from Thy presence flee?
In heav’n? it is Thy dwelling fair;
In death’s above? lo, Thou art there.
4. If I the wings of morning take,
And far away my dwelling make,
The hand that leadeth me is Thine,
And my support Thy pow’r divine.
5. If deepest darkness cover me,
The darkness hideth not from Thee;
To Thee both night and day are bright,
The darkness shineth as the light.