1. To Thee, O Lord, I humbly cry,
To Thee my supplication make,
To Thee I bring my sad complaint,
To Thee my bitter grief I take.
2. Thou knowest, Lord, my deep distress,
The lonely path, the hidden snare,
How refuge faileth, friends forsake,
And no man for my soul doth care.
3. My prayer is unto Thee, O Lord,
No refuge but in Thee I know,
No portion but in Thee I find;
Lord, in my need Thy mercy show.
4. Be Thou my Savior, O my Lord,
For I am weak and foes are strong;
My captive soul from prison bring,
And glad shall be my thankful song.
5. Around me shall the righteous throng,
And crowned with joy Thy saints shall be,
Their hearts made glad because the Lord
In richest grace hath dealt with me.