1. O Lord, how are my foes increased!
Against me many rise;
How many say, In vain for help
He on his God relies!
2. Thou art my shield and glory, Lord,
My Savior, O Most High.
The Lord from out His holy hill
Gives answer when I cry.
3. I laid me down and slept, I waked,
Because the Lord sustains;
Tho’ many thousands compass me,
Unmoved my soul remains.
4. Arise, O Lord; save me, my God;
For Thou hast owned my cause,
And oft hast beaten down my foes
Who scorn Thy righteous laws.
5. Salvation to the Lord belongs,
In Him His saints are blest;
O let Thy blessing evermore
Upon Thy people rest.