1. The Lord Almighty is my light,
He is my Saviour ever near,
And, since my strength is in His might
Who can distress me or affright?
What evil shall I fear?
2. O Lord, regard me when I cry,
In mercy hear me when I speak;
Thou bidst me seek Thy face, and I,
O Lord, with willing heart reply,
Thy face, Lord, will I seek.
3. Hide not Thy face afar from me,
For Thou alone canst help afford;
O cast me not away from Thee
Nor let my soul forsaken be,
My Saviour and my Lord.
4. Though earthly friends no pity take,
Yet Thy compassion knows no end;
E’en tho’ my father shall forsake,
E’en tho’ my mother’s love shall break,
The Lord will be my friend.
5. My heart had failed in fear and woe
Unless in God I had believed,
Assured that He would mercy show
And that my life His grace should know,
Nor was my hope deceived.
6. Fear not, though succor be delayed,
Still wait for God, and He will hear;
Be strong, nor be thy heart dismayed,
Wait, and the Lord shall bring thee aid,
Yea, trust and never fear.