1. Ye children, come, give ear to me
And learn Jehovah’s fear;
He who would long and happy live,
Let him my counsel hear.
2. Restrain thy lips from speaking guile,
From wicked speech depart,
From evil turn and do the good,
Seek peace with all thy heart.
3. Jehovah’s eyes are on the just,
He hearkens to their cry;
Against the wicked sets His face,
Their very name shall die.
4. The Lord may suffer many griefs
Upon the just to fall,
But He will bring them safely through,
Deliv’ring them from all.
5. By evil are the evil slain,
And they that hate the just;
But all His servants God redeems,
And safe in Him they trust.