1. O praise ye the Name of Jehovah,
Proclaim ye His glory abroad;
O praise Him, ye servants appointed
To stand in the house of our God.
2. O praise ye the Lord for His goodness;
‘Tis pleasant His praises to sing;
His people, His chosen and precious,
Your praises with gratitude bring.
3. I know that the Lord is almighty,
Supreme in dominion is He,
Performing His will and good pleasure
In heav’n and in earth and the sea.
4. His hand guides the clouds in their courses,
The lightning flames forth at His will,
The wind and the rain He releases
His sov’reign designs to fulfill.
5. To ransom His people form bondage
Great wonders and signs He displayed;
He smote all the firstborn of Egypt,
Till Pharaoh made haste and obeyed.
6. Great nations and kings that opposed Him
Were smitten by God’s mighty hand;
their riches He gave to His people,
And made them inherit the land.
7. Thy Name shall abide, O Jehovah,
Through all generations renowned;
The Lord is the judge of His people,
His mercies forever abound.
8. Men’s idols of gold and of silver
Can speak not, nor hearken, nor see;
Like them shall their makers be helpless,
Unblest shall their worshippers be.
9. Ye people who worship Jehovah,
His praises with gladness proclaim;
His servants, and all ye that fear Him,
Sing praise to His glorious Name.
10. O Church of our God, sing His praises,
For with you and in you He dwells;
O sing Hallelujahs before Him,
Whose glory all praises excels.